MCYC is so blessed to use the fantastic facilities of the Tyn-Y-Nant Christian Centre; a wonderful location which God has used in many amazing ways over the years. We have heard so many testimonies of people whose lives have been changed through weeks of camp over the last 75 years, and we look forward to hearing more stories as the years roll on. We want you to play a part in making that happen, and that’s why we run MCYC Sunday each year.
MCYC Sunday is a time when churches around the Merseyside area (and beyond!) spend time talking about the work that God does at MCYC, working and transforming the lives of young people. It’s a chance when we ask church members to consider how they could support this work.
To get an idea of what happens at camp you can watch this video!
HOW CAN I SUPPORT MCYC?
By volunteering for MCYC, by giving financially or by supporting us in prayer, you enable children and young people to continue encountering Jesus through our weeks of camp and the events we run throughout the year.
You could volunteer as a group leader or part of the catering team at a week of camp, or you could take part in a Refresh Week where we keep the site safe, well-maintained and looking its best!
We also have vacancies on our team – please prayerfully consider if these are roles you would be willing to volunteer for.
You could also support us financially either as a one-off donation or by setting up a monthly gift – speak to your Church Link for more information.
Previous donations have helped replace mattresses and upgrade the boys’ tents; we’re looking at several new projects over the coming season and beyond.
Upgrading the Worship Tent
This season we are planning to replace and expand the Worship Tent at Camp at an expected cost of £8,000. We would love churches and individuals to be praying that we would be able to raise the funds for this, and to consider what you could give to help reach our goal.
God always provides! And He does so through people like you! Thank you for your time, your prayers, and your giving, without which MCYC would not be able to exist.
We believe in the power of prayer and we’d love for you to support us in prayer throughout the year, using the prayer points sent out in our MCYC Connect magazine or however you feel the Lord leads you.
- Praise God for the salvations that we saw at camp in 2023, for those who started their journey of faith and for those who turned back to God.
- Pray for the campers that came to MCYC in 2023, that they will stay close to God in the midst of a very distracting world.
- Please pray for finances. We praise God that He has provided over the years gone by and we pray that God will continue to supply what we need.
- Pray for MCYC council and subcommittees as they work very hard behind the scenes to get things in place for MCYC 2024.
- Please pray for the work of the Trustees. Pray for wisdom in decisions and guidance.
- Pray for campers that will be attending MCYC in 2024, that God will be preparing their hearts right now for what they will hear and that lives will be changed by Jesus at MCYC 2024.
Another great way to support MCYC is just to attend a week of camp as a camper – we’re really looking forward to seeing what God will do at each week of camp this summer!
We want you to play a part in creating the testimonies of the future, so however you’re able to support us we’re thankful because ultimately it allows us to continue God’s work and spread the good news of His love to hundreds of young people!